We believe internships are the key to prepare students and returning veterans for the workforce as well as to provide businesses and nonprofits with talented future employees.
OUR 7 BIG GOALS
- Be among the largest employers of veterans in America
- Assist all veterans in need of transitional work experiences
- Standardize internships as the official certifying body
- Provide a quality internship to make all college students work-ready
- Build a national network of career preparation and placement centers
- Eliminate unfair practices related to unpaid internships
- Make internships an engine to power a stronger U.S. economy
The Internship Institute is dedicated to combat the issue of unpaid internships. This begins with education programs that target employers and advocacy initiatives for legislative intervention. Additionally, at least 10% of all donations will support our Unpaid Intern Relief Fund for those who intern at nonprofit organizations where compensation is not an option.
We are a proud member of the Opportunity Nation Coalition, America’s Promise Alliance for GradNation, the Delaware Valley Veterans Consortium and the Greater Philadelphia Veterans Network.
The Internship Institute is also partially funded by the U.S. Department of Labor and the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry.